Monday, February 22, 2010

My fifth book has just been accepted by Inner Traditions

Papaver Somniferum: The Most Dangerous Ally, my book on poppies as plant allies, has just been accepted by Inner Traditions. I should be receiving the contract within the next few days.  I'd like to give special thanks to Jon Graham, my acquisitions editor. Given the controversial nature of this book, and the fact that it's a departure from my usual Vodou-related material, there was some initial reluctance to publish it. Jon worked tirelessly to promote this book to the Powers That Be: if it were not for his efforts, it would still be sitting in publishing limbo.

In the meantime, I am working to finish the manuscript for The New Orleans Voodoo Handbook and begin promoting Vodou Money Magic.  If anyone is interested in having me speak at your gathering or store let me know: I'm sure we can schedule something. I'm also happy to do interviews for Internet radio, broadcast radio, television or print.  (Should Oprah Winfrey has a spot on her calendar, I'm sure I can arrange my schedule to fit hers).

No comments:

Post a Comment